Having a stiff a painful neck is no way to live. You’re not sure if your aching neck is a result of a bad postural habit or something else; either way, we have a solution for you. We have helped many patients throughout Texas avoid weeks of bed rest and long periods of physical therapy because of our non-operative treatments.
What is Neck Pain?
Neck pain may be a result of cervical spine pressure or tension, nerve irritation or inflammation. The neck is a fundamental part in supporting and mobilizing the head, so it’s important that it is cared for before the condition worsens. Most neck pain cases tend to heal within a few days or weeks, but sometimes the damage may need more than rest and an ice-pack. Chronic neck pain (when it lasts more than 3 months), is most likely caused by an internal condition – relative to the cervical spine.
Common Neck Pain Symptoms
Neck pain symptoms stem from a wide variety of causes – from injury or poor habits, but usually more than one of the following symptoms will reveal itself:
- Stiffness and soreness, including trouble turning your head
- Sharp or general pain
- Weakness or numbness
- Headaches or migraines
Common Neck Pain Causes
Most neck pain conditions heal within a few days or weeks, but sometimes the damage may need more than just a bit of rest and an ice-pack. This is most likely dependent on the cause of neck pain, which includes:
- Sports injury
- Poor posture
- Unusual positioning (sleeping or holding your head in the wrong position for a long period of time)
- Herniated disc
Neck Pain Risks
Your chances of developing neck pain are increased by the factors such as:
- Hours of sleep and sleeping positions
- Your physical wellbeing and condition/ amount of exercise you do
- Type of occupation and hours worked (those with manual labor jobs as well as those who spend their time sitting over a keyboard are both at risk)